Our 5 Step Process
NEW! Combined Steps to Managing Sleep Disturbed Breathing and Our 5 Step Process
- Patient recognizes sleep problems (snoring, sleep apnea)
- Tired during daytime, difficulty concentrating
- Mood disturbances, depression, headaches
Primary Care Provider
Completes a comprehensive medical history:
- cardiac issues
- stroke history
Desired Sleep – Dr. Walter Heidary General Dentist
We will work in a collaborative way with a team dedicated to providing solutions to sleep disordered breathing issues (snoring or obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Desired Sleep Clinic Steps
1. Screening – Evaluation – Examination
- Social history
- Medical history
- Physical assessment – head, neck, neck circumference, oral (tongue, palate, teeth)
- Records – models, photos
- Imaging – x-rays, MRI (if needed)
- Other – as needed
2. Home Sleep Study
A medical device used to record all necessary information within the comfort of your home while you sleep in your bed.
3. Medical Diagnosis
The recorded data from the home sleep study is reviewed by a doctor specializing in sleep and a diagnosis is made.
- Light obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
Upon receiving the diagnosis, the recommended treatment follows.
- Lifestyle changes
- Oral appliance therapy (OAT)
5. Follow up and coaching
A critical step to ensure compliance to treatment and managing any changes overtime.